Initiative for Social Change ARSIS (abbreviation Initiative) is a non-profit organization that has been formally established in February 2016 as a local NGO. As stipulated on its Statute and other operational protocols Initiative is based on the tradition, values and it is a continuation of ARSIS – Social Organization for the Support of the Youth. ARSIS was established in Tirana on January 2006 as a branch of ARSIS Greece. Ever since Initiative has transformed itself into an influential non-governmental actor in the civil society sector in Albania and beyond.
- supports the most vulnerable, deprived and marginalized individuals and groups;
- delivers or facilitators of services that are entirely lacking or in short supply in the social centre and during outreach interventions;
- since January 2017 Initiative has extended the geographical boundaries of its activities in Albania and has been focused on supporting five Municipalities (Tirana, Shkodra, Dibra, Devoll and Gjirokastra) on employment and educations issues specifically for Roma/Egyptian communities;
- a) establish a detailed management concept and structures for the economical empowerment of youngsters and adults in four Municipalities in Albania in close collaboration with the National Employment Service;
- b) develop a long-term action plan for social inclusion and access for Roma/Egyptian children in education in four Municipalities;
- c) deliver training and capacity building to a group of local staff at five Municipalities, and the local community.